The BABES in my life

I read this quote today that says "True friendship isn't being inseparable, it's being separated and nothing changes" and it got me into thinking how lucky I am that I have those kind of friends in my life. I call them the BABES.

We all met way back in high school and even though we have different personalities and interests, we ended up as best of friends. We did what most friends do way back then. We laughed, we cried and we even fought with each other. When the time came that we had to go on our separate ways, I don't remember us getting too melodramatic about it. It felt as if it was kind of expected, that it was bound to happen. A lot of things happened in our life after that. Each of us pursued different paths but we still remained the same. I remember, way back in my university life that I always make sure to visit and see them once a year. They even confessed that it was then that they also get to see each other even though all of them still live in the same province and some go to the same university (I was the only one who had to go to a very far university). But still, we remained to keep in touch, even for once in a while. There even came a point in my life, from 2003 - 2005, before Facebook and Skype became popular, where I never heard from any of them. 
 
But looking back, it made me realize that no matter how far we are from each other, I know that they'll always be there for me, in good times and bad times (wait, that just sounded like the song). No matter how old we get, we would still be those giddy girls way back in high-school. We may never get to see each other often (and I can even count the times that I get to see them in a year), it always feels like we've never been apart for too long. 
Our recent photo taken in 2012

Oh, how I love these girls. I'd do anything for them. We are friends "whose friendship we would not swap for the favour of the kings of the world (Thomas Edison)".



1 comment:

  1. This is soooo true! There never was a dull moment that even being separated from each other was an adventure. I guess that's how it is with the people that you truly love! ;)

    ReplyDelete