Love is sweeter the 2nd time around!

When my husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary, we were far from each other (him in China and me in the Philippines). But this year, we were finally able to celebrate it together. Waking up on your anniversary with the one you love cuddled next to you was such pure bliss. 


Months (yes, months!) prior to our upcoming 2nd wedding anniversary, I started preparing and researching. I wanted to step it up a notch and go all the way. I wanted to make it really memorable for him and to make up for not being together during our 1st anniversary. I made a lot of research and even asked my sister for ideas on how to make our upcoming celebration unique and unforgettable. Going out for dinner and giving each other cards and a present were way too common for me. I wanted something great, something special. A couple's 2nd year is still as important as their 1st.

I came across this blog where the wife decided to give her husband presents related to his new-found hobby, which was coaching football, every hour. I thought to myself, this one would surely surprise my husband. But instead of just giving him presents every hour, I decided to mix it up a little by adding other stuff such as getting breakfast in bed, watching a video that I made for days (I was still learning the ropes on how to make a video on Mac), and getting a cake (as requested by my husband last Christmas) which I made for him for the first time.  As for the other presents, I made sure that these are stuff that he will surely use on a daily-life basis. 

So on the day of our 2nd anniversary, I had him open or receive the gifts for a certain hour "on the :08" because our celebration falls on the 8th of February. Since I had work that day as well, I had some close friends of mine give the present at a certain time and had my husband take pictures of it.


Needless to say, he was so overwhelmed by the presents that he had received that day he was "afraid his heart might burst from happiness" and asked me not to do it again. Ha-ha! He wasn't also used to receiving this much that he just have to stop himself from jumping up and down (especially when he saw a tupperware-full of his favorite jellies).



To make the story short, the day was a complete success and we ended it by watching a movie on our projector while gorging the delicious cake. 


How about you? Have you done something creative to celebrate your anniversary? Share it here by leaving a comment so I may also give it a try for our next wedding anniversary! It's better to start preparing again. Ha-ha!

But while waiting for more ideas, I'll go watch the video I made again (for the nth time!) .





No comments:

Post a Comment