Inalamangang Gulay (Vegetables with Shrimp Paste)


My husband and I have been living in China for quite a while now that most of the time we crave for some home-cooked Filipino cuisine. We were lucky enough to have some alamang (shrimp paste) from back home. Since I can't cook Pinakbet, this dish was close enough.

So here goes my Inalamangang gulay. I am sure there's a name for this kind of dish but I am not simply sure if it's called Diningding.


Ingredients:

  • chopped garlic
  • shrimp paste (alamang)
  • minced pork
  • squash (chopped)
  • eggplant
  • string beans


Steps:

  • Saute garlic then add pork. Wait until pork is cooked and has turned gray.

  • Add some salt, pepper and water (1 1/2 cup). Put squash first as it takes some time to soften.
  • After a few minutes, put the eggplant, string beans and shrimp paste. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Remember not to overcook the beans. It's better crunchy.
  • Ready to serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment