No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake!

Remember about my recent post where I get to try making beef tacos because I was able to purchase them online? Well, not only did I buy Taco Shells but I was also able to get some Jell-O No Bake Strawberry and Oreo Cheesecake. I've never made cheesecake before and so today, I finally decided to give it a try.
 Making a no-bake cheesecake is pretty easy. The instruction on the box says that it'll only take 15 minutes to make one. Well, since I'm a beginner, I have an excuse why I ended up preparing it for more than 30 minutes. Haha!

So, what are the things that you need? 

For the crust:

2 tbsp. sugar
5 tsbp. margarine or butter (melted)
a pack of Crust Mix

For the filling:

1-1/2 cups cold milk (try not to use prepared nonfat dry milk)
Filling Mix
Strawberry toppings

How to make it:

1. Mix Crust Mix, sugar and margarine/butter in a pie plate (I chose to use a rectangular glass container) until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press onto the bottom and up side of your container.

2. Pour milk into a bowl and add Filling Mix. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds then on medium speed for 3 minutes. 
Once the filling thickens, spoon into crust. Refrigerate it for 1 hour.
3. Add strawberry topping over dessert and spread evenly to cover it.

4. Dip the pie plate, just to rim, in hot water for 30 seconds to cut and serve the cake easily.

My crust didn't exactly harden because my butter wasn't enough. The cheesecake turned out to be annoyingly sweet because my container wasn't big enough. I kind of made a lot of errors here but hey, my husband still loved it. I've got another pack of no-bake cheesecake and the next time I feel like making one, I'll make sure that all the materials are complete. 




No comments:

Post a Comment