1 + 1 = 3! We're gonna have a baby!

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for two years now and finally, the stork found its way and answered our prayers. Having been experiencing period-like cramps for the past few days turned out to be my little miracle burrowing its way into the lining of my uterus, looking for a comfortable place to call home for the next nine months. I wouldn't even find out about it if my mom didn't persuade me to go to the hospital and have myself checked just in case I might be having appendicitis or some urinary tract infection (UTI). After a series of test, the doctor finally confirmed that I am indeed pregnant. Yipee!
It's positive!

There it is at 3 weeks!

Unfortunately, I also got sick the same day I found out that I was pregnant. With the weather becoming unbearably hot, one can easily catch a cold with how we easily turn on our air-conditioner after being exposed from the heat. I made that mistake thus I ended up with a cold and fever. These two aren't a perfect combination especially for a pregnant woman like me. So I ended up going back and forth to the hospital, getting Chorionic Gonadotrophin shots to nourish the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall and be prescribed with a lot of medicine, including Folic Acid and Vit E. But I am not complaining. I am willing to endure the pain (the shots are pretty painful!) and get well as soon as possible to ensure a healthy pregnancy. My husband is all supportive and has bought me tons of fruits, gives me back rubs and kisses my 'still small' belly. Talking about being an excited dad! 

I can't wait to hear our baby's heartbeat. But for the meantime, it's time for me to get my daily shots. I will keep you all posted to this new journey that I am about to embark.



No comments:

Post a Comment