When Mr. & Mrs. S turned 1!

Married couples usually look forward to celebrating their 1st wedding anniversary because this marks to see how much they have grown and it gives you a very tangible and physical reminder of just how far they have come. Anniversaries remind them the reasons why they're still together and what made them fall in love with each other. It also reminds them their promises to each other as they stood before God, family and friends. They stood there with wild optimism, hopes, and dreams that were strung from their heart straight to their partner’s and believed…as a child believes in Santa, that it all would come true.  

So how was our 1st wedding anniversary, you ask. Here's our story:


I was back in the Philippines at that time and was already processing my papers in the Chinese Embassy since I am going back to China soon. My 6-month leave was about to end and I was hoping to be back in China before February 8 to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. But fate seemed to have its own plan because I terribly got sick and had to postpone my medical exam which was an important requirement in getting a visa.

I remember waking up that morning and dreading spending my 1st anniversary as a married woman alone. But little did I know that my dear, wonderful husband had other plans. With the help of my sister and brother-in-law, he was able to make the day brighter than sun. Ha-ha!

We were communicating on Skype later that day when a knock came on our door. (I know what's going through your mind right now. You're thinking it's him waiting outside the door, right?) Let me tell you that it didn't go that way since we were both talking on video call. As I looked through the peephole, I laughed out loud to see my husband's face staring back at me, only he wasn't my husband but my brother-in-law who gamely pretended to be Bryan (while hiding his face behind the mask) as he handed me a bouquet of roses.



My sister, who was huge and very pregnant that time, then came in with sumptuous food and chocolate cake in both hands. This was happening while I was holding my laptop and talking to my husband on Skype. 


                                                       

I suddenly started feeling better and blessed to be surrounded by people who are special to me. My husband made me realize that distance can never stop us from letting each other know how much we love each other. All I needed to do that time was just count the days until I'll be back in his arms again.



No comments:

Post a Comment