Climbing Qinling Mountain in Xian, China

Every school term, Aston School usually holds team building activities to promote camaraderie, teamwork and to fully know each other since we get new teachers (both foreigners and Chinese teachers) every term. For this year, we went to Qinling Mountain last March 19. We were instructed to come to school early (as in 6 in the morning!) and to wear comfortable clothes. 

We took 2 buses and travelled for almost 2 hours to get there. Days prior to the trip, it was still a bit chilly and windy. Thus, it was such a relief that the weather was absolutely gorgeous that day. I guess I mostly slept throughout the entire trip because I was still sleepy that time plus the fact that I am not a morning person.


After arriving at our destination, we didn't climb right away. We were met by our facilitators who were dressed as if they were military soldiers. We were ordered to form three lines as we did some head counts. Then off to climbing we went!


Just so you know, I am not a big fan of walking nor mountain climbing. I don't have much patience and I get tired easily. 

The route to be taken

I was so afraid I'd end up complaining and dragging the whole group down but was I so glad to find out that most of the others don't like it too! The lines that were created were soon eventually broken since most teachers ended up chatting with each other while walking, others stopped to take pictures of the scenery while  some seriously climbed the mountain (including my sporty husband!). Here are some shots I've taken along the way. 


We came across this shallow river and I and some other teachers just decided to stop here while we let the others continue climbing the mountain. Each of us grabbed a good spot and ended up waddling in the water or simply eating snacks we brought with us. A few of the facilitators stayed with us. They requested to have their pictures taken with us, the "foreigners", and we happily obliged. We simply chilled for a few minutes before they informed us that it's alright to go back to our camp site. 



After we got back from the mountain, lunch was already waiting for us. 



The whole afternoon was then spent barbecuing and chatting. Some teachers brought a portable radio so Chinese music was then played. 



After resting for a few hours, our facilitators then took us to another location where we get to see temples and monks. We only get to stay there for a few minutes since most of the teachers were already tired, including myself.



We were called to have our group photo taken and finally headed home.




Can't wait for our next team building. Hope this involves carousels, roller coasters and Ferris wheel! 



No comments:

Post a Comment